TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 9-Oct-2011, 5:42 PM   #21
cabt

Yeah. His house is on stilts. If I point north I would have a straight uninstructed shot to CT, but would prefer NY stations (of course I could be comPletely wrong with statement (is there any real difference besides local news). Only problem with shooting north is that I will be going through the shingles.
cabt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9-Oct-2011, 5:59 PM   #22
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

(" The only problem with shooting north is that I will be going through the shingles") Mount the antenna in such a way that the antenna is ABOVE the roof so that the antenna does not point into the roof. Antennas work the best when nothing is obstructing the reception.

Last edited by John Candle; 10-Oct-2011 at 2:04 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate commentary
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Oct-2011, 9:58 PM   #23
cabt

Thanks for pointing out the obvious but that is what I was hoping to avoid. Those stations from the North, I already get them, even when the antenna remains that way I mentioned (also meaning that I haven't had a chance to mess with it again as I blew my back out yet again). That being said, with the antenna pointed West....I get ABC, NBC, and CBS but no FOX from both and North at the same time and with the same quality....so.....could there be something else that I am missing or overlooking due to this....could it have something to do with the "trap" on the preamp?
cabt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Oct-2011, 1:08 AM   #24
GroundUrMast

I would leave the AP8700 configured with the switch set to "Fixed Trap In".

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote