TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 27-Mar-2015, 4:16 AM   #1
Jay4

Antenna Suggestions/Help

I currently have a HD Stacker with rotor mounted close to 40ft or so.
The stations i would like to try to pick up or get a stronger signal on are WTRF-DT, WDTV-DT, WQCW, and WVPX-TV the main ones i want all come in fine with my current setup but the others come in with some distortion or not at all at times.
WTRF the highest signal strength i can pull on it is around 50% is there a better antenna for what i am trying to achieve?

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f0682aa2afec

Thanks

i also have
a winegard lna-200 preamp
winegard hda-100 running 4 tvs
Jay4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Apr-2015, 10:26 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

What results do you get when you run this test? http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=13646

Amplification is needed in many situations... but two amplifiers are rarely needed and may produce distortion and noise that reduces reception reliability. By running the test I've suggested, you can determine if the problem lies with the antenna or it placement. Only after proving that the antenna and it's placement is producing reliable reception can we move onto deciding what if any amplification is needed.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Apr-2015, 11:28 PM   #3
Jay4

Well I have already concluded that i do not need a pre-amp the distroamp is more than enough to drive 4 tvs signal without the distro amp drops by a decent margin and most the stations are all coming in at 80+ signal strength except for WTRF which oddly enough never seems to go past 50-60% but yet this morning while it was storming it stayed steady at 85% so i don't know in regards to that station if +80% can be achieved at all times or not
Jay4 is offline   Reply With Quote