TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 23-Dec-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
vicrauch

Can't get all channels

Here is the data TV Fool gave me.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...741cae25e018ea

All I'm really interested in are the English speaking top 9 listed channels. I have gotten them all when I first installed the antenna a few days ago, but now I can only get 13, 10, 6, and 31. The antenna is 16' feet off the ground. Any ideas what might fix this?
Thanks,
Vic
vicrauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Dec-2009, 1:40 AM   #2
andy.s.lee
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicrauch View Post
I have gotten them all when I first installed the antenna a few days ago, but now I can only get 13, 10, 6, and 31. The antenna is 16' feet off the ground. Any ideas what might fix this?
Hello, and welcome!

What kind of antenna do you have? And which way is it pointed? Also, do you have any kind of amp in line? splitters?

If things have changed, I'd start by inspecting the antenna and connections. I would expect almost all of the channels at the top of your tvfool list (with green background) to come in pretty easy. Most of your channels come from a single transmitter cluster located near Walnut Grove. Perhaps your antenna got rotated somehow and is no longer pointed in the correct direction. It is odd that some of the channels you had before suddenly stopped.

If your antenna is outdoors, is there any chance that water has gotten inside any components or the cable? Water inside F-type connectors or in the coax is surprisingly good at blocking signal. If you haven't already, it's a good idea to weather-proof any exposed connections.

Please let us know some more details about your antenna and connections, and hopefully, we'll be able to identify the cause of your missing channels.

Best regards,
Andy
andy.s.lee is offline   Reply With Quote