TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > TV Fool Discussion / Database Updates > TV Database Updates

Notices

Old 15-Feb-2011, 3:26 AM   #1
manorfan

WTSP Tampa Florida Transmitter Moved?

Hi Folks,
Firstly, great site. Very helpful.

In short. TV Fool shows WTSP in Tampa as having its transmitter in with the other station transmitters south east of Tampa. But in fact it is north west of Tampa. A Wiki search for that station says it is away from the others to protect another channel 10 in Miami.

Last year your site was correct, showing it west of Tampa, and I set up my antennas to match. All worked (and still does). Last week I was checking your site and it had moved WTSP to south of Tampa and placed it with the other stations transmitters.

I can confirm it is still actually north west, as I am in Lakeland Florida, east of Tampa. If I point my antenna south of Tampa I loose WTSP. If I point my antenna north of Tampa, I get WTSP in strong.

Thanks,

Bobby

Last edited by manorfan; 15-Feb-2011 at 3:49 AM. Reason: details
manorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Feb-2011, 1:51 PM   #2
mtownsend

It looks like on January 26, 2011, WTSP was granted a modification of their construction permit, allowing them to move their transmitter to the new location south-east of Tampa. It may be their intent to move the transmitter sometime soon to be co-located with most of the other transmitters.

If the transmitter is not yet built, then it may take some months for the transition to actually occur, but it looks like they've at least cleared this through the FCC already. See attached PDF for their authorization letter.

I think the best way to handle this is to have the "current" database reflect their present location, west of Tampa, and have the "pending" database reflect their future location, south-east of Tampa. We can make this change take effect in the next round of database updates.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WTSP CP MOD Authorization.pdf (28.3 KB, 1247 views)
mtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Oct-2011, 2:31 AM   #3
manorfan

Hello Again,
It appears that they have finalized moving the antenna for Tampa's WTSP-DT, as the eastern signal has dropped and I now get a strong signal from the direction of the other Tampa antennas South West of Tampa. Can your database be updated to reflect this?

Thanks,

Bobby
Old 22-Oct-2011, 4:31 PM   #4
manorfan

The antenna has been moved to Riverview with the rest of the local channels. Can this be reflected in the next database update?

Thanks,

Bobby