TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 31-Dec-2013, 2:27 PM   #1
Flint Ridge
Junior Member Wannabe

TVFool Antenna height accuracy?

Still striving for the best signals possible. In review I ran Antenna Fool at every 5' on my tower from the current 60', up and then down. Yes there was improvement at like 100' or something, but that is not happening.

What I see is that for my Kansas City stations they basically get better the lower I go and the sweet spot overall for my weaker stations is 25' high. (It does tank at 20') My trees are higher than this. I am at the outer fringe of these signals and am one of the higher points around. After my hill the signals pretty much drop off. Several key stations have about a 2NMdb increase a few stronger ones have a -2, but they have plenty to give.

But should I not be above the tree line? My neighborhood is not heavy with trees, but there is that point when climbing the tower that you clearly transition and go from calm to breezy. I know this change in signal strength can be true, but it flies in the face of "conventional wisdom".

Thanks
Flint Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-Dec-2013, 5:42 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Unless you go up there with an actual signal meter and measure the actual signals, you really don't know what's there. The TVfool simulator engine is just that, a simulation, complete with averaging and rounding variances.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-Dec-2013, 6:17 PM   #3
Flint Ridge
Junior Member Wannabe

Guess I'll have to move everything come spring and see via tuner card only... That does not sound promising to note a 2-3 db difference.
Flint Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote