TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 14-Sep-2012, 6:10 PM   #1
Sandra44

OTA TV Antenna

Hello,
I have erected an old Square GRID Parabolic antenna with an AIDC-3731 downconverter on it which was left at my old house by a tv company I used once. It has a coaxial cable hook-up on the downconverter and is about 16 feet off the ground, on a pole. I first checked my tv with rabbit ears to make sure I didn't need a converter box and received 16 digital channels. I then ran 50 ft of round R-6 cable directly from that tv to the outdoor grid antenna by plugging the cable into the downconverter cable hook-up but can't get a signal. I have tried turning the antenna in all directions but still no signal. I don't want to remain with the rabbit ears as my daughter said this would humiliate her, so I want to be able to use an outdoor antenna preferably this grid antenna I already have. I was hoping you could guide me on how to utilize this antenna or tell me what's wrong or what I need to do to fix the problem. I am a housewife that knows just enough about OTA signals to get me in trouble, so please help in layman's terms. Thanks!
Sandra44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Sep-2012, 6:31 PM   #2
teleview

ALL questions and answers about broadcast tv reception and More.

As the other question askers do , do this --> http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=4

Use the EXACT Address to make the tvfool radar report.

Make the antenna height 25 feet.

How many Tv's are/will be connected??

If you can not figure out how to to do it then send me a PM private message with your address and I will make the tvfool report for you.

The following will not receive Digital Broadcast Tv.

The square grid parabolic antenna and down converter is part of a microwave , Pay Tv / internet / phone Service.

The antenna and down converter are hardware parts of , MMDS = Multichannel Multipoint Distribution Service or newer variants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multich...bution_Service.

The parabolic grid,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mmds_dish1.jpg.

Last edited by teleview; 15-Sep-2012 at 5:09 AM.
Old 15-Sep-2012, 12:11 AM   #3
signals unlimited

Square grids are not parabolic. DTV signals do not use down converters. If your description is accurate it wont work. If your grid is an 8bay UHF antenna and your down converter is an amplifier with a power supply we can make that work with more information provided.
signals unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote