View Single Post
Old 18-Feb-2015, 2:21 PM   #1
NapMan

Frustrated cord cutter here

Last year I decided to cut the cord and cancel my DirecTV service when the contract expired in November.
I started searching for options that would work for me. I definitely wanted a DVR so I settled on a 4-tuner TabloTV, which I love.

I began with an indoor Mohu Leaf antenna and it worked OK but I figured a roof-mounted antenna would give me a more reliable signal. So I bought a Winegard FreeVision FV-30BB and got it up on my roof about a month ago.
I used the Tablo iPhone app to to do channel scans and got the antenna positioned pretty well. I was getting all the major networks, plus a few others, so I was happy. Picture looked amazing.

Starting a couple of weeks ago I began experiencing occasional momentary pixelation but nothing too bad.

But, last night I was completely unable to watch the local ABC or CW stations, which are both owned by the same station here. The signal went from 5 green dots (excellent) to 1 red dot (terrible) in the Tablo app. I know there are many factors that can affect signal but this seems a bit extreme to me, right?

I sent an e-mail to the station engineer this morning to ask if they are having a problem but I haven't gotten a response yet.

By the way, here is my TVFool report:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c15ef25be2d0f

I'm having the problem with 40.1 and 40.2 (I don't know why 40.2 doesn't show up on the report).

I estimate my antenna is about 15 feet off of the ground.
Would a signal booster help me? Or would it hurt?

Any thoughts?
NapMan is offline   Reply With Quote