View Single Post
Old 30-Dec-2011, 11:25 PM   #8
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
A roof antenna is not really feasible given that this is rented property,what would be a good low cost high gain antenna to use and mount easily below the roof level that will give me all the stations within a 100 mile radius? There are a couple small spots between trees in my neighbors yard that I aim the terk at and it gets tolerable results but it doesn't seem to like wind and can't pick up all the stations.
There are no such antennas. I'm sorry, I did not author the laws of physics. Your expectations may need to be amended. "Reception of all stations within a 100 mile radius" and "low cost" are mutually exclusive terms.

Are you able and willing to install a tower several hundred feet high? 100 mile radius reception usually requires such effort and expense. Even then you'll be fighting with adjacent and co-channel interference from strong local signals. Here is what you could expect at 499', http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...4033f36f586d09 Notice that every signal beyond 75 miles is still edge path and subject to adjacent and co-channel interference.

Several antennas have already been suggested. If you can not or will not consider mounting above the roof line, your reception prospects are going to be reduced. My previous recommendations stand without contradicting Electron's suggestion/recommendation.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 31-Dec-2011 at 1:36 AM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote