View Single Post
Old 28-Dec-2011, 2:48 AM   #1
eric12341

horrible reception in 60099

Ok so the cable got cut at my location at the beginning of this month due to economic hardships. Since then I've had to rely on OTA for my TV needs and has thus far been quite a frustrating experience:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...ec12e25b992711

According to that report I should have no problems whatsoever picking up all the stations in green my actual results are very far from what's indicated in this report. I've so far tried 3 antennas (RCA ANT1450B,radio shack budget tv antenna,terk hdtvi and winegard hd1080) both inside at the highest point on the house besides the inaccessible attic and outside in my side yard im a chair facing the direction of the transmitters. These are the stations I so far can receive:

WBBMWMAQ,WLS,WGN,WTTW,WYCC,WCGV,WCIU,WFLD,WCPX,WSNSWPWR and WGBO. For the life of me I CANNOT get any combination of those 4 bolded stations in simultaneously and reliably without causing problems among them or on the other stations, sometimes knocking the others out completely. Right now I have the terk hdtvi sitting outside on this wooden pallet hooked up to the old cable line and so far 2 of those bolded stations are coming in reliably but however the rest of the non bolded stations are experiencing some kind of reception issue, if I move the antenna back into the chair I can get those other stations perfectly but not those 4 which I watch the most, its been either one or the other or none at all. My home is almost completely surrounded by trees and houses. So what exactly am I doing wrong and what antenna will I need to get at least all the stations in green reliably?
eric12341 is offline   Reply With Quote