View Single Post
Old 18-Jul-2016, 7:05 PM   #1
ErinMN

Help with Mpls reception please?

Hi everyone! I'm new. I cut the satellite cord a year or two ago and had been doing okay, but am now really struggling with reception that is gorgeous and then pixels out with low/no signal. I'm less than 8 miles from all the broadcast antennas but am unable to pull in anything anymore. From the start, we re-used the dish mast on our roof and had an installer come out to install the antenna. That one wasn't working very well (think it was the EZ HD recommended by Denny's Antennas), so the installer came back out about a year ago and installed something else up there. Afraid I don't know what that was because my husband was the person who was home, but it looks similar to the EZ HD.

Thought the problem might be that we're too close to an overwhelming amount of signals, so I tried the ClearStream Eclipse indoor antenna--no use. Then I bought a ton of attenuators (3 db) and stacked them in a clumsy row, hopefully. Not a chance. I added a Radio Shack RF interference filter too but no improvement.

Steve at Antennas Direct very kindly was helping me problem solve while I waited to get accepted into the forum and he thinks it's probably trees and not overload. We do live in a very leafy city. Given the mast height of a dish is only a couple of feet (although it's on a second story roof), would going up higher be our best bet?

My signal results: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e2cb6de2be4325

We're primarily interested in PBS for the Masterpiece nuggets plus whatever locals--nothing too outlandish given our location I'd think! Thanks so much for any help you have, much appreciated!!
ErinMN is offline   Reply With Quote