View Single Post
Old 20-Mar-2023, 2:45 PM   #8
Dagwood

Hi OT: I ordered that Channel Master yesterday. Being old, we tend to stick with the tried and true like CM and Winegard. The tech I talked to last week at the local PBS station agreed with those.

I will give people maybe younger than 50 a pass, but I continue to be amazed at older people who have no clue there is still free OTA TV. Zillions more channels than there used to be, all hi-def, all free. And most people being much closer to transmitters than I am don't even need a roof-top antenna.

And with more complaining about "cable bills," there is the option of streaming. I've had Roku sticks for 6-7 years now and have a seemingly endless supply of FREE movies, FREE on-demand TV shows including old sitcoms, FREE documentaries, FREE live channels, etc. Buy the hardware ($50 or so) and the rest is free.

This is all to the good, but what they've done to our vehicles by computerizing everything is another matter. When everything works, they're great. But get a little electronic glitch somewhere and you're dead in the water and calling a tow truck, or at best limping home. It happened three times to me with my '07 Corvette within a year.

Yes, "the good old days" were way better in so many ways. We are entering into a banana republic type of political system now. As someone said, the only thing worse than no rule of law is when the law is applied in only one direction.

PS: I just now figured out your screen name. I've been using "OTA" all over the place, but never put 2 + 2 together regarding your name, lol. I was thinking "OTA" was a sports team or something. Sorry! I will blame it on old people's dementia.

Last edited by Dagwood; 20-Mar-2023 at 2:47 PM.
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote