View Single Post
Old 14-Jan-2012, 7:08 PM   #1
wow4god@geneseo.net

Question Which antenna should I get to receive the most channels?

Here is where we are located: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...67d930d820fe8f.
We got a DYNEX (DX-42E250A12) HD TV for Christmas and hooked it up to the cheap indoor antenna that worked for our analog Toshiba and could not get good reception. The old antenna would not pick up CBS (WHBF in our area) even after buying a roof antenna (which I then returned) so I am trying to solve both problems at once. I am currently using a home-made antenna with coat hangers screwed onto a piece of 2 x 6 to get good reception and it works amazingly well for the UHF channels, but still no VHF ones. Looking at this site, I see that I need to get a roof antenna that will reach at least 45 miles. When I got my signal analysis, I see that there are several other channels we should be able to get with the right antenna. I need help finding the best one for our situation. (Or is it possible to make my own roof antenna to accomplish this as well?) We live in the country away from tall buildings, but do have some trees that are getting pretty tall.
I am also interested in knowing if it's possible to hook the new antenna up to the coax cable that is left from our old DISH TV since it already has cables running into 4 rooms in the house. (DIY sites on the internet said it was possible). We have at least 6 analog TVs that we have hooked up to individual converter boxes and cheap room antennas for now, but hope to be able to get them all hooked up to a roof antenna. Is it possible to hook a cable from the new antenna into their converter boxes to get it to work or will that antenna only work with a the new HD TV?
wow4god@geneseo.net is offline   Reply With Quote