View Single Post
Old 23-Oct-2015, 2:10 AM   #1
astroantoine

Channels Good One Day Bad The Next

Hello!

So I installed an Antenna Craft HBU11 on the roof of my apartment building in San Francisco (about 70ft off the ground). I have a clear line of sight to the two broadcast towers I care about and they are 2 and 5.5mi from the antenna. So the signal comes in hot.

What's bugging me is that sometimes certain channels stop coming in clearly and will come in clear again a few days later. I know that is often caused by reflections but I just don't see how I could be getting reflections. There are two other antennas mounted behind my HBU11 for our building internet (plastic dish shaped antennas on steel masts) but I don't think those are close enough to cause interference are they? I can post pictures later if needed.

But what's even weirder is that all these channels except 11.1 are coming from the same tower, but not all of them consistently are good one day and bad the next. For example, I get channel 5.1 broadcasting from the same exact tower as channel 2.1 and 2.1 is the channel that comes in normally some days and really corrupted other days. BUT channel 5.1 always comes in rock solid.

Below is my TV Fool report:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8e03f1716d4ed0

Can anyone offer any pointers to make these channels come in consistently?

Thanks!
astroantoine is offline   Reply With Quote