View Single Post
Old 29-Jul-2020, 7:14 PM   #7
johnodon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Guy View Post
Your plan to add MOCA to your existing set-up is a good idea. The MOCA distribution amp that you found would work fine, or you could simply add a MOCA filter between the distribution amplifier and your existing splitters. The splitters for MOCA need to be able to pass higher than the usual off-air frequencies.

A problem with WiFi extenders is that they use up bandwidth to send data between them. If you use MOCA to extend your WiFi, you get that bandwidth back.

Another trick you probably already know is to move your WiFi channels off of the factory settings. This may get you a frequency that your neighbors are not using.
As far as splitters...I'm good there. There are actually 8 separate runs from the dmarc box...no splitters.

I have a moca filter on order but I thought that the only thing the filter did was prevent the signal from leaving the home and you place it on the incoming line before the distribution amp.

As far as FiOS and a moca adapter...I'm not using their router ( I use pfsense) and the runs from the ONT are Ethernet. Also, from what I can see online the moca adapter is only v1.1 but could be wrong.
johnodon is offline   Reply With Quote