View Single Post
Old 9-Oct-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
tarheel

I originally didn't have an amplifier and was satisfied for the most part. The main reason for installing the amplifier is that I was having issues with DVRing shows in WMC, because the antenna was not positioned right. Stations around me are in all different locations and I bought the long range directional antenna to get the most channels I could. However the downside was that I couldn't get all the major networks in a single antenna position and in hindsight I wish I would have gone omnidirectional.

So in comes the preamp and now I can get all the major channels and then some in a single position. I can now get two regions major network channels in two positions. The only issue I have, and it is very minor, is not getting that one Fox station out of Roanoke. Which sucks a little, because I have to get NFL game rewind in order to watch Redskins games, although I made use of the Madden 25 anniversary edition which included Sunday ticket for this year.

From what I've been reading I would have to go to extreme measures like ganging antennas in order to achieve one channel, which right now doesn't seem justifiable. Thanks again everyone, you guys are extremely knowledgeable in this area and I appreciate the suggestions.

Tarheel
tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote