View Single Post
Old 22-Apr-2015, 1:15 AM   #3
yzman720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake V View Post
Q1. My attic does have some metal strips here and there from the trusses and some can lights does it look like it will interfere?

A1. Possibly. Your TVFool Report suggests you have fairly weak, 2 edge signals for some of the networks. You really won't know until you hook up a TV and try.

Q2. My compression fittings on my rg6 cables do not have rubber o rings in them and the 2 cables that came with the db8e do have rubber o rings - Do I need to redo all of mine and buy some o rings? I did use dielectric grease on each fitting.

A2. I doubt it. Especially since your set-up is in the attic, which is weather protected.

Q3. My interpretation of my map is I need to face the db8e at 65 degrees and the catstream 5 at 55 degrees. Is this an accurate interpretation?

A3. Yes. Start the db8e at 65 degrees. Your UHF stations range from 49 degrees to 105 degrees (magnetic). You will likely need to do some fine tuning and hopefully can find a sweet spot to get all the UHF stations you desire. I'd aim the c-5 at 69 degrees to start to get ABC on translator K10KM-D (Real Channel 10) and then adjust as necessary towards 54 degrees for CBS 12.

The db8e has 2 antennas I was going to put one of them at 68 degrees and the other side of it at 320 degrees to try and catch channel 26 cw. Anything wrong with that having the 2 antennas of the db8e face different like that?
yzman720 is offline   Reply With Quote