View Single Post
Old 6-May-2016, 1:58 PM   #3
skatingrocker17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Use the LNA100 ( it's a "line" amp, not a preamp) as close to the antenna as you can. You will be limited in your placement only by the availability of a power outlet that's conveniently located to the amp. It cannot be remotely powered like a preamp.

A 30' run of RG6 will add, at most, less than 2 dB to the system noise figure. Since the amp already has an ultra-low noise figure around 1 dB, the additional insertion loss will have no more ill effect than would swapping to almost any preamp that has 2.5-3 dB NF performance.

Use passive splitters for the rest. The LNA100 has more than enough "power" (gain) for your situation.
Thanks. I checked up there and it looked like there was some power outlets so I shouldn't have any issues getting the pre-amp close to the antenna. I was a little concerned because I didn't know how old some of the coax in the house was or what it was. I didn't get to look at it that closely. I guess I'll have to get it all figured out when I move in. It looked like it came right out of the floor so if that's the case I could always re-run it.
skatingrocker17 is offline   Reply With Quote