View Single Post
Old 6-Nov-2015, 3:17 AM   #3
scott784

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
It isn't likely to be a problem with a 10 ft separation unless one is in front of the other blocking the signal path. However, there are hot and cold signal locations in an attic and the most convenient location might not be the best signal location. I suggest a temporary setup test before drilling any holes and running coax through walls.
I appreciate the quick feedback. Yes, most definitely, I would run temporary coax up there first (for the Clearstream 4) before doing anything permanent. I guess I can assume (once I do a test) and assuming it checks out okay...that I wouldn't get any surprises later? Perhaps, there's no way to really know that for sure. But I would sure like to think (hope) that a test would give me typical day to day behavior with that setup.

Here's an active link to my tvfool report (below). As far as a signal meter, all i have is the built in signal meter on my TiVo premiere. And I understand all these non-professional devices are like trying to compare apples to oranges. But I do find them helpful when comparing the placement of an antenna, even though it's not like a professional signal meter. Thanks.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8e03fd60464f18

Btw- I ran this tvfool report with the default setting (for elevation of the antenna). I believe that first report (image) was ran with 10 feet above ground.

Last edited by scott784; 6-Nov-2015 at 3:56 AM.
scott784 is offline   Reply With Quote