View Single Post
Old 2-Dec-2016, 1:23 AM   #2
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Thank you for the additional information about your location. When I look at the satellite photos, I see your location at the end of an access road off the main road.

The satellite image from the tvfool interactive map browser, using Google maps, was done in the winter when the leaves were off the trees. The image from Bing maps, if I have the correct location, shows a lot of trees that might block your signals. You will need to find a location for your antenna that avoids the trees as much as possible.

A high gain UHF antenna aimed at about 14 degrees magnetic and a preamp should work. My only concern is about NBC. If KTAL is too weak, you will need a rotator or a separate antenna, and single channel injector for KETK.

CW is also in a different direction.

Antenna: Antennas Direct DB8e with both panels aimed in same direction, or 91XG, or Solid Signal HDB91X.
Preamp: Antennas Direct Juice or Channel Master 7778.

If the antenna is outside, the coax shield should be grounded with a grounding block that is connected to the house electrical system ground with 10 gauge copper wire for electrical safety and to reject interference. For further compliance with the electrical code (NEC), the mast should also be grounded in a similar manner to drain any buildup of static charge which will tend to discourage a strike, but the system will not survive a direct strike.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ed2010TVFtrees.JPG (158.8 KB, 675 views)
File Type: jpg Ed2010TVFtrees2.JPG (109.3 KB, 695 views)

Last edited by rabbit73; 5-Dec-2016 at 9:51 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote