View Single Post
Old 5-May-2011, 2:43 AM   #30
Billiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
That solution would add a bit of vertical beam width adjustment as well. A plus when trying to reject the signal from a tropospheric path. If the signal from the offending source is arriving at an angle from above, the simple 2D trigonometry starts to fail. Again, we can estimate the spacing but it may need to be adjusted in the field.

Now I'm wondering if a Rhombic would be an easier solution to fabricate... http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=291 It can certainly be less visible than the erector set of hardware needed for an adjustable horizontal stack. At 40 to 70 feet long, front to back, it would be tough to fit on many city lots.

Or a huge 20+ foot home-brew Yagi. (See attached) (Which will not offer the deep null that is possible with the horizontal stack.)
LOL. A 20 foot long yagi on this house would make it tip over.

My guess is that tropo is responsible for the offending source provided that it is a TV signal. Another possibility was given to me in the form of a FM signal as the culprit of the interference. I'm a bit uncertain about this since the only nearby FM transmitter is 2,500 watts give or take and the tower is 9 miles away. Nothing else close by.
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote