View Single Post
Old 13-Nov-2014, 3:05 PM   #2
OTAfreetv

Still need advice on UHF antenna selection.

I've read a bunch of posts while waiting for a reply to my post and want to add some new info in the hope someone will respond.

My cable run has gone from 35 feet to 60 feet with my new setup. From what I've read about preamps the shorter run probably did not benefit from the preamp, is this correct? How about the 60 foot run? (preamp is attached to the antenna to reduce noise)

I've almost completely lost channel 21 WLIW, and now channel 12 WHYY has dissappeared. During the summer I was able to receive them a portion of the time. I can live without ch 21 but my overall reception on the signals out of Philly has dropped off since I switched from the Radio Shack VU-190XR to the Rat Shack model 15-2161.

I can understand this since the VHF high band should be better on the VU-190XR antenna. While the weather is still reasonable for climbing up on the roof, what antenna might I choose to replace the RS 15-2161 antenna for better reception? (I listed some of my choices in my prior post) I don't want the bulk of the VU-190XR, just something geared to better reception than I now get.

Would my East facing VU-190XR benefit from adding a preamp? Might it help bump up the ch 21 signal enough to allow me to receive it or is noise going to still be a factor? I can remove the RS amp 15-1108 (adj gain) from the UHF antenna it's now on and use it on the VU-190XR.

Most of the signals out of Philly are UHF, channel 12 WHYY being the lowest frequency station I watch. Channel 17 WPHL comes in quite strong, all the other signals are acceptable as is right now. Thanks.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d2436a3af744d3
OTAfreetv is offline   Reply With Quote