View Single Post
Old 26-Sep-2013, 8:06 PM   #6
GroundUrMast

Your TVFR 'screams', "Don't use any amplification, the signal levels are already way too high."

My experience with both models, the older HDHR-US and the current HDHR3-US, has been that they are neither the best nor the worst tuners in the house, both seem to have equal if not identical tuners. If I can make an HDHR happy with a signal, I've got things close enough to make the majority of my other tuners happy.

Given that you are almost next door to the Sutro Tower complex, KGO and the rest of the TV and FM signals are extremely powerful... far to powerful to consider the use of any traditional amplification. The best idea I can think of would be an Antennacraft Y10713 pointed at the KNTV tower. The idea being that the Y10713 is more directional than any other consumer grade H-VHF antenna, this would reduce the nearly 40 dB difference in signal levels between KGO and KNTV, both of which are broadcast on H-VHF channels. Combine the H-VHF antenna with the existing antenna through a UVSJ (UHF/VHF signal combiner).

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote