Thread: Tv q's
View Single Post
Old 13-Oct-2014, 2:41 PM   #12
Ben Myers
KD3WB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercc View Post
so I finally got a chance to put in the homemade antenna, and I am more than shocked at the reception I am getting on most of the channels. I thank you all for your help, and have one last question. So I know that if I use an amplifier with the one antenna I have now I will most likely lose some of the closer stations.
Not necessarily, but keep in mind that the primary function of a preamp is to overcome transmission lines losses.

Quote:

I am wondering what would happen if I had two antennas one with a amplifier and one with out, would I still lose the closer stations? Would it fix the skipping that is on one or two channels? The two antennas would be hooked up to the same tv through the cable. thanks again
See if you can add channels manually. Many televisions can do this, even when it is not documented in the manual. Pick a receivable station that is not on your channel list, point your antenna at it and enter the real channel number on your remote. You may have to add a hyphen or period to tell the television that you are trying to tune a digital channel. Don't be surprised if you see nothing initially, since most modern televisions don't show a picture unless a usable signal is present.
Ben Myers is offline   Reply With Quote