Thread: Tv q's
View Single Post
Old 29-Sep-2014, 7:52 PM   #1
tylercc

Tv q's

I think I am in the right place if not can someone tell me where to post thanks.
I am somewhat new to this antenna thing. So one of my first questions is how much NM is going to be lost with building penetration, cable loss, splitters, tuner sensitivity. Are there any other things that could reduce the NM? If so what are they and how much would they reduce the NM? Also can someone explain in more detail the difference between amped, pre amped and non amp? here is my signal result. http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d243a0c1735074
At this point I only have a amazon fire and wd media player for tv.
Because I am renting I am not able to put a antenna on the roof so I am only considering indoor models. the general direction that all my signals are coming from is east. there are another set of condos 20ft from mine, and all of the condos are two story that sits over the garage(including mine). so if I would get better reception putting the antenna in the second floor window(than the first floor) and running it down to the first floor I am more than willing to do that(because the wiring is already there). I do not care about spanish channels, government channels. I do care about the following 19 myn, 34 cw, 32 fox, 7 abc, 35 cbs, 43 ion, 9 nbc. Thanks in advance
tylercc is offline   Reply With Quote