View Single Post
Old 3-Nov-2019, 7:58 AM   #11
OTAFAN

Quote:
But about a month before they switched, they added ION and Bounce to their line up and now I want to get it back. Has anyone as of yet tackled one of these monsters? If so, how did it work out for you?
Hi eggman:

I have two commercially produced moderate to compact size antennas with L-VHF extensions here in SOCAL LA/OC. The RCA ANT3037XR (actually built by Winegard for RCA) and the Winegard HD7000R, one each for my two Samsungs, 2013 40" and 2017 32". There are several low powered stations on Mt. Wilson above LA, broadcasting on the L-VHF frequency right now and one full powered station, KWHY 22 (display, physical 4) at 35kW power (yes, that's right!) which carries Retro TV on KBEH 63-3. Since part of my TV viewing includes Retro programming, that was why I put up those antennas. Plus, there might be possibilities of other stations moving to L-VHF in the future or increasing their signal. Nothing firm at the moment, just chatter from the NET. I'm in a strong to moderate signal area, 35 miles south of Mt. Wilson, so I get excellent (100%) reception from KBEH which transmits off the KWHY 22 tower. So, yeah it's worked out well for me.

I hope this helps answer your query. I know you mentioned you build your own TV antennas, so I can't really help you with that issue if that's what you were looking for.

Anyway, all the best.....

Last edited by OTAFAN; 3-Nov-2019 at 9:47 PM. Reason: punctuation
OTAFAN is offline   Reply With Quote