View Single Post
Old 2-Feb-2018, 6:10 PM   #1
hansmike

Need help. 140 degree offsetting sources.

Hi all, new to the forum, I've tried to do as much research as I could using this forum before posting, but am on information overload!

I live about halfway between two cities (Springfield, MA and Hartford, CT) and would like to pick up the stations from both. I'm mostly interested in real channel 34 (S), 11 (NNE), 36 (S), 26 (NNE), and 22 (NNE), but obviously would like as many as I can.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9038fb062e75be

Currently, I have two directional yagi antennas in my attic attached the same pole with a passive combiner and no amp. I know, not ideal, but it seems to 'mostly' work. The signal can get choppy and I get severely frustrated. I'm familiar that two signals could be out of phase and causing the interruptions. I've done a bit of research and learned that most of this forum tends to stay away from omnidirectional antennas, and I would not want a rotor or A/B switch.

What would my best option be? Considering the stations I want clear are fairly close, would an omni work well? I've also read of bi-directional antennas like the Clearstream 4MAX which works best at 180 degrees opposite of each other, but if I turned it 20 degrees off direction, would it work well enough for the 140 degree offset? Another thought would be to separate my current antennas and maybe put something to block the opposing signal in between, like some plywood covered in aluminum foil or something. Any input will be appreciated!
hansmike is offline   Reply With Quote