View Single Post
Old 6-Jun-2012, 7:49 PM   #9
GroundUrMast

If your goal is to see both the local and Detroit market signals, the ANT-751 is not going to provide a complete solution. The ANT-751 and Winegard HD7000R both come to mind as good solutions to the local reception problems, in either case a passive FM trap is in order. Radio Shack cat. 15-024 is a local option for most folks. I favor the HD7000R given the presence of real CH-5.

Reliable Detroit reception calls for an Antennas Direct 91XG + an Antennacraft Y10713 + FM trap + an Antennas Direct CPA-19 preamp.

If I were in this situation, I'd be considering the installation of two independent antenna systems. One for local and on for distant signals. The DX system would very likely include a rotator but certainly would need to be mounted high, clear of trees.

Regardless, None of your local signals needs to be amplified. The CM-7777 is designed for use in a weak signal environment. It will overload in your application. The CM-7778 may tolerate the strong local signals but is still not an amplifier I would choose as a solution in this case. I suggest the CPA-19 for it's low noise and ability to handle strong signal levels.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 6-Jun-2012 at 8:00 PM. Reason: Comments re. preamps
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote