View Single Post
Old 30-Sep-2013, 12:18 PM   #11
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Okay, you need to SLOW DOWN and quit wasting your time and money by making impetuous,impulsive, and uninformed decisions.

Quote:
I already sent the DB8 back to Amazon.
Sigh.......

Based on your location, your general requirements are a 1) Deep fringe UHF, 2) Deep fringe high-VHF, 3) capable preamplifier.

For the antenna, you can choose a single, large antenna that handles items 1 & 2 in a single unit. It's already been suggested (7698)> It is also 14' long.

Alternatively, you can go with separate antennas, one for each requirement. That means that a UHF antenna such as the DB8 is a good choice for UHF but you must add, as already suggested, a high-VHF antenna such as the 10-element Winegard. You could also add the ClearStream 5 for high-VHF. You cannot expect the C5 to serve as a single antenna as your location's requirements are too severe on the UHF side.

Quote:
Also, I got the AP8275 because right in my antenna's line of sight to the West are three trees (two pines and a maple). I want something that can blow right through them.
That's an unrealistic expectation. Amplifiers cannot correct for tree-caused reception issues, only a chainsaw will actually do that

The 8275 is a capable enough amp for this location. Use it, there s no risk of overload.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote