Thread: day db8
View Single Post
Old 25-Aug-2014, 6:07 PM   #16
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoslim View Post
Okay, I would like to keep it compact if that is even possible. Do you think the GH10n3 would provide enough gain for at least receiving some major network signals, based on my report? I don't mind building it. I drew up the measurements yesterday. Im just wondering if it be worth the time.

On the bright side, my diy db8 is receiving signals, ABC, Fox, and others (even with the shorter length whiskers) it just has a tendency to go out for no apparent reason after a while. very unreliable.

So, If I am getting signals with that, then the GH10n3 should do a better job, right?
A well built GH10N3 will deliver performance that is very competitive with the largest consumer grade antennas. It covers the UHF band as well as the High VHF band. (Real CH's 14 through 51 and CH's 7 through 13 respectively.)

As with any antenna, mounting location and height will play a key roll in the final results.

As you design and build, think 'precision, stability and durability'.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote