View Single Post
Old 29-Apr-2017, 11:00 PM   #13
Billiam

Rabbit. Yes, trees and buildings are a major issue at this spot. Thus I need a pre amp even for the local channels. Hard to believe but it really does help.

I am going to use a rotor because I've found that moving the antenna just a few inches from 15 degrees will give me a better signal for either Ch. 2 (virtual) or Ch. 7 (virtual). And I have also found that when I use either a 4 bay or 8 bay, (U4000 or Super G 1483 8 bay)moving the antenna up or down a few inches will mean the difference between getting 2 or 7 but not both at the same time unless I move the antenna a few degrees to the west of 15 degrees which also reduces the signal of Ch. 26. Ch. 22 is the strongest signal from Dayton and poses no issues.

I have noted with the MXU 59 and DAT 790 MIX that I do get more uniform signal strength on each of those Dayton signals and I don't have to worry about moving the antenna up or down a few inches to get better reception of Ch. 2 or Ch. 7 while worrying about Ch. 26. Ch. 26 is the least important signal at this time because once the Repack is in effect, it will be off the air.
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote