View Single Post
Old 15-Jun-2015, 6:28 PM   #46
NapMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Removing the reflector on a DB4e will make the antenna strictly bi-drectional. It will receive equally in both directions on UHF. I often recommend this step when I feel it's a useful step to take.

If you can currently aim the antenna in the correct direction for the TV station of interest and its reception is reliable, then a bi-directional antenna MAY work okay. TANSTAAFL, after all. However, if the antenna is already aimed in the direction of the station and reception is not reliable, making the antenna bi-directional is most likely adversely affect reception.

I'm back again!

I finally tried raising the DB4e a bit higher on the roof and I'm still having reception problems from the CBS station, coming from the NE.

I'm pretty sure that when we pointed the antenna in the NE direction the CBS station came in great but the ABC from the SW was coming in bad.

If I can point the antenna at the NE and get the CBS and the FOX/NBC networks fine (but ABC bad), then point it at the SW and get the ABC network fine (but CBS bad) does it sound like removing the reflectors would be a good idea?
NapMan is offline   Reply With Quote