View Single Post
Old 29-Sep-2013, 2:15 PM   #6
v99

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleview View Post

WCES-DT Real VHF low band channel 06 , virtual number (20.1) PBS .

Is a Very Weak Signal of minus -2.0 NM(dB) and is 89.1 miles distant and 2 edge path obstructions of hills and mountains.

The low band Digital Tv channels 2 thru 6 are at a disadvantage for reception when the signals are very low signal strength because of natural and human made interference.

WCES channel 6 will most likely not be received reliably.

If you will like to inclued the reception of channel 6 , reliable or not.

Then I recommend use a Winegard HD7084P All channel antenna.

And a Winegard , LNA-200 'Boost' XT amplifier.

The HD7084P receives better then the HD8200U antenna.

For reception of channels 7 thru 51 install a Winegard HD7698P antenna aimed at about 327 degree magnetic compass direction , so as to concentrate reception on WMGT-DT Real UHF channel 40 NBC and MyNetwork.

Install a Winegard , LNA-200 'Boost' XT amplifier.

For 1 Tv connected use No splitter.

If WMGT , NBC is received , you 'Test' can turn the antenna more in the direction of W35BB Real Uhf channel 35 , http://tv.35.tv , to improve reception of W35BB without losing reception of WMGT , NBC.

Thank you. I made a booboo by saying I wanted NBC at -1.9. I would like to attempt NBC40 at -5.1 which you have answered above (I will fix my mistake above). Not interested in PBS at all, so I guess I don't need a VHF-low antenna.

Looks like the experts both recommend the 7698! So that, a LNA-200 'Boost' XT amplifier, a gable mount, and lots of coax cable should get me going. And since the antenna and cables will be outside, I should get some coax-seal, right? Any to recommend?

Thanks!
v99 is offline   Reply With Quote