View Single Post
Old 14-Oct-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
niteowl

Oh yes, the trees. I forgot to mention them, but they can clearly be seen in the photo. In the current configuration as stated above, my antenna is pointed smack dab into the middle of a tree which is about 50 yards away.

Any placement of the antenna on my house is going to unfortunately point at trees on the boulevard either on my side of the street or the other.

I have entertained the idea of aiming the antenna through a gap in the trees which would roughly sit at about 330* This of course takes me further away from channels 13 and 19, but those do have the strongest signals. It would also throw off the angle for channel 19 on the back end. I'll give that a try when the rain stops here.

If that doesn't work, then I think i'll need to change antennas to something more accommodating to the frequencies that I need, with perhaps a bit more gain like the Winegard HD7694P you suggested.

When I look at the specs for the HD7694, it only shows a UHF range of 25 miles. I'm assuming this is just a guideline? Channels 19, 38 & 44 are all over 30 miles away. When I read some of the reviews, people seem to be pulling in channels further away than what it's rated for.
niteowl is offline   Reply With Quote