View Single Post
Old 31-Jan-2013, 5:40 AM   #10
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleofnowhere View Post
I'm not getting half of what i'm supposed to be getting. Only NBC, ABC (weak) and two fuzzball analog channels. I got extra PBS with my homebuilt chicken wire antenna!
This is without splitter or amp (don't have it yet), just 75ft dishnetwork cable from antenna to TV.
I can place it (the antenna) out in my yard on a 10ft pole which would decrease trees to none, while adding 25 ft more cable. Would that get better reception? if not, i'll just grab a c490 and deal with it.
One note: It has to go though two joiners (not splitters, just cable screw connectors) before it gets to the TV. Could this cause undue cable loss?
Does this mean you have a C290 in place?

As teleview already mentioned, used coax is suspect, particularly if it's been outside. If the ends have not been sealed from the weather 100% of the time, it's nearly certain you've got water in the coax -- if so, discard it and start with new.

Trees can be quite troublesome. The effect of a tree in the path is much more difficult to overcome than the small amount of loss due to a few extra feet of coax. More important than just signal strength, a tree will reduce the quality of the signal. Amplifiers can not correct multipath or similar signal quality problems.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 31-Jan-2013 at 5:44 AM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote