View Single Post
Old 28-Jan-2016, 12:30 AM   #7
G-Star

Thanks for the insight. I wasn't properly concerned by the prospects of FM interference but will now take measures.

I can get some Heliax hardline with much lower losses at UHF freqs. Unless I goofed up reading the charts that would out perform RG-6 significantly. I have a ride on trencher and can bury PVC conduit for the hardline. I know some folks go direct burial but that would make me nervous. This would be if I needed the extra height for the antenna.

Home run from all bedrooms, sitting room, great room etc come together next to my electrical entrance panels in an attached shop. All this Coax is RG-6. Max runs do not exceed 100 ft. I used this coax with splitter combiners to get Sat TV to anywhere and to get sigs from RF controller to sat rcvr, again using splitter combiners to ship the RF control sigs from the RF remote to the Sat box over the same coax delivering the TV sig to TV 2. Couldn't go direct with RF remote due to multiple steel reinforced concrete walls in the path.

Just out of curiosity I called both Chanel Master and Winegard and asked what their highest gain antenna is. CM said their model 5020 and Winegard said their 8200U. I had picked the HD7698P and gave passing glances at the 8 bay bow tie.

I will take a good look at your picks.

Patrick
G-Star is offline   Reply With Quote