View Single Post
Old 26-Jan-2016, 1:51 PM   #4
G-Star

Best Deep Fringe Antenna for Outdoor Installation

Rabbit and Rick, Thanks for your help. I don't understand what my location has to do with the best deep fringe antenna. I understand it would influence a decision on best antenna for the price with acceptable performance in my location and similar figures of merit. Clearly you guys have a much better technical grasp of the problem so let me rely on your judgement.

Since I am buying just one antenna (most likely) and it should last a long time I don't mind buying more performance than the TVFool analysis would indicate is enough.

My house is in a depression so I am planning to put a tripod and mast atop the ridge of the gable roof. The roof ridge is about 30 feet AGL so I would have the antenna at about 35-37 ft AGL, I estimate. I could go higher but want to avoid guying.

What is the longest practical lead-in run length and lowest loss transmission line? If I can remote the antenna sufficiently I can gain some altitude. I can get about 55-60 ft AGL. TVFool results for 30 and 40 ft height were way better than for 50 ft when I ran it. Not sure what that meant.

Here are my coordinates from Google Earth:

Lat 34.982077
Lon -96.947116

I see how the TV fool info and experience together could let you select an antenna likely to meet someone's minimum requirements at the lowest cost and that is a good thing but I would like to know which antennas (intended for residential installation) have the highest gain.

Again guys, thanks for being interested in my installation (I hope I'm not asking too many of all the wrong questions.)

Patrick
G-Star is offline   Reply With Quote