Thread: Antenna for
View Single Post
Old 27-Apr-2012, 5:34 AM   #1
Tamerlane

Antenna for

Hi there, I am in Toronto desperately trying to get WNED (43.1) from Grand Island near Buffalo, about 50 miles away. Here is my TV Fool report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...0b86425443283e.

I get all local stations but very limited reception from Buffalo. I have tested the following antennas in various directions: with a DB2 I get no Buffalo stations, with a CS2 I get 23.1 marginally, while a DB4e gets 23.1 and sometimes 26.1 and 7.1.

I suspect the problem is interference from some trees and part of a building obstructing my line of sight to Grand Island (if my photo appears below, Grand Island is to the left of the CN Tower in the middle of the photo, partly obstructed by the neighbor's roof). I don't know if adjacent channel interference is possible from a strong local CITYTV 44.1.

Since I am capable of WNLO from Grand Island, as well as WNYB from Jamestown and WKBW from Colden, both even further away, shouldn't I be able to get WNED (and Fox) somehow somewhere? I am guessing a reception breakthrough is unlikely with another of the same type of antenna, but I wonder about a strong directional antenna? Unfortunately I can't manage one of these 6'+ long yagis but if there is a more compact one worth recommending?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020979b-1024.JPG (150.4 KB, 754 views)
Tamerlane is offline   Reply With Quote