View Single Post
Old 18-Oct-2016, 12:38 AM   #4
Snogoers

Thanks for the feedback on this issue. I'm assuming that ordering this item on line is probably the only option as there isn't an electronics outlet or home center that would carry these? I do have some old, well-established trees in my neighborhood but even if I mounted on the peak of my house I would not be above them. (attached physical address FM report as well.)
Does the antenna amplifier have a separate port for FM vs. UHF/VHF? Maybe that is not a fix because I want to block out FM and VHF-Lo?? The reason I ask is that I am using a homemade antenna as described at our MN cabin with an antenna amplifier. I'm typically picking up 13 - 16 channels. I'm wondering if I may have FM issues there as well because I have a hard time with a significant signal at different times during the day. I've attached a copy of the TV Fool report for both TV and FM signal for this location. The antenna is mounted on a 12 foot mast fastened to a fence post. (Reception did not seem to make any difference from higher up on roof line to this height/area). I have the most trouble with channel 35 and some low signal strength on 21. There are, of course, lots of trees there but the aim is almost down the driveway. I do notice difference in summer and winter somewhat. Just thought I would include this as I might as well order a couple of them. Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: png Home-FM.png (103.9 KB, 714 views)
File Type: png Cabin-Digital.png (56.2 KB, 745 views)
File Type: png Cabin-FM.png (104.8 KB, 741 views)
Snogoers is offline   Reply With Quote