View Single Post
Old 20-Feb-2015, 4:10 PM   #1
Vienna, Virginia

New Antenna? New Tuner? New TV?

I purchased an indoor antenna in June 2012 (Terk HDTVi) that picked up OTA channels well (4,5,7,9,14,20,30,32 50,66 etc..). Recently, I accidentally brushed against it and moved it by a few inches out of place. I lost all channels except for the 30-1 thru 30-6. So I went and got a RCA OMNI antenna and still did not get the channels I used to get OTA (only 30-1 thru 30-6). Relocated TV and antenna and still only got 30-1 thru 30-6.
I live on the top level of a 4 level condo. The only outside view I have is of the courtyard plus sky (west and northwest) and the next building across. I am pretty much surrounded by drywall on the other 3 sides. What antenna would you recommend.? Also I am now wondering if it might be a TV (tuner?) problem. I have a SANSUI 22 inches SLEDD that I purchased from BJ’s back in 6/2012 so it is relatively new to be broken. I only need a small TV as I only watch 4,5,7,9, and 50.
If it is not an antenna issue, I would appreciate being pointed towards the right direction (new TV?, new tuner? Don’t know)
I also have a HAIER mini portable TV which I connected to a Westinghouse rabbit ear antenna and it works fine and picks up the channels I watch (4,5,9,50 etc...but not 7)
Radar report:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...cd3fcc400cd899
PS: I am technically challenged so please forgive me in advance.

Last edited by Vienna, Virginia; 20-Feb-2015 at 4:15 PM.
Vienna, Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote