View Single Post
Old 4-Jan-2012, 7:49 PM   #1
yenelli
Seattle-Eastside

Antenna placement Seattle-eastside

I haven't bothered to hook up a TV at all for the past 3 or 4 years, but now I have a flat screen and it shows 22 channels using the rabbit ear antenna from my old CRT TV. But I want some advice re placement for a "real" antenna.

I already have 2 TV antennas (well with rabbit ears, 3): one in 2nd story attic, secured to the rafters has 5 rows of aluminum tubes from 36 inch length to 18 inch length (pic) transmitted 4,5,7,9,11,13,26 (at least) before the switchover from analog to digital. Newer model is 18x24 inch grid with multiple Xs resembles the "new DB4e HDTV antenna" in the advertisements on this site (mine is radio shack model).

Some of the air channels using the rabbit ears are HD. Which BIG antenna would perform better? Most images of installations show antennas as horizontal to the ground. Would perpendicular work? The antenna in the attic is tied up in the rafters at a rakish 45 degrees. Can I mount the small one outdoors flush with an outside wall that faces SSW? Would there be any benefit in COMBINING the two antennae? And if so, how?

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...7fb9b39b763162

Also, I would appreciate someone explaining why I get 2 ea for 4, 5, 7 and 3 ea for 9, 33, etc. (33-1, 33-2, 33-3)--sometimes a completely different program, sometimes just a different format. In some weather (fog/wind) or placement, I get pixelation on some channels (neighbors who pay for cable TV get pixelation, too), but not often.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20120104_123834-1-1.jpg (7.7 KB, 677 views)
yenelli is offline   Reply With Quote