View Single Post
Old 21-Dec-2012, 6:19 PM   #1
cameik

Long cable to antenna.

I live in an apartment building where I'm on the first floor with almost no available reception, but I'm a security tenant having access to feed a wire up above the 6th floor, on the roof of the building as high as 8 floors if needed. I guess the problem is, I can't pick a spot of less height for a shorter cable run, so I'm stuck with a run of somewhere up near 130 feet of cable to get to the antenna. Firstly, and most importantly, is it possible for the signal to arrive through this length of cable at my tv down on the first floor with at least a few stations available? Would some kind of amplifier be required up near the antenna end? (Possible to hide away in the boiler room, high and dry, then feed down from there...) I'm at (redacted by moderator to protect OP's privacy) http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...cc49c5630f80eb. It would appear that there should be good signal strength here, at the height of the rooftop. I'm trying to avoid cable or bell costs, and like the idea of OTA hd tv, even if its only a few channels. I have line-of-sight to the CN tower, and the antenna would be almost high enough to clear the escarpment toward Buffalo...
Any advise is appreciated.

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 21-Dec-2012 at 7:27 PM. Reason: Converted address to TVFR link
cameik is offline   Reply With Quote