View Single Post
Old 16-Nov-2013, 11:29 AM   #24
StephanieS

Yes.

I researched this. The beam patterns of the 8 bay bowtie designs and the 91xg were close, however the 91xg's pattern is a little more narrow. I knew I was going to get a lot of power off back quarter of the antenna (and just off the front side outside the beamwidth is KQUP). That slightly narrower pattern is what carried the day. I am actually surprised I can operate a large directional and preamp at my location. There is just so much power in the air. KQUP is especially bad. Unamplified on the ANT751 it is throwing a 90+ signal on me. KREM an KHQ are right there with it too.

The 39 dollar price I paid for the 91xg certainly gave me a huge nudge just because the deal was so good.

As for the orientation of KLEW's signal, that I don't know. I do have the misfortune of a grain silo that is perhaps 200' tall. Even though it is a mile away, I have to shoot just into the corner of it to line up on KLEW. The silo obstructs the horizon.

I do have the 91xg tilted slightly up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleview View Post

A 8 bay antenna has about the same reception on the sides as long yagi.

--------------

At Distance and etc. , Tv transmissions tend to rotate out of the horizontal plane.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote