View Single Post
Old 15-Nov-2013, 11:36 PM   #22
StephanieS

Yes.

Which is why my signal varies 10 or so points on the meter during the day. The 1-edge conditions play with the signal's trajectory as you describe.

The 8 bay wasn't attractive in my application due to having so many strong signals close to me. With 65 db signal strengths @ 15 miles and LOS, if a 8 bay would catch more signal I off the sides and back, I feared overload. I preferred the stronger rejection properties of the yagi off the back and side.

Other than the coax jumper, it's been about what I expected. KLEW's weak signal and 1-edge, I had to keep expectations reasonable. I am overall satisfied with the 91xg and with the 12' jumper and paying 39 bucks for the 91xg, I am satisfied with 99% reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleview View Post
+=>
---------
At distance , and across hills mountains and across tree tops , Tv transmissions tend to shift up and down and side to side.

A single long yagi type antenna will be in the shifting path and out of the shifting signal path.

The broad flat serface of a 8 bay antenna tends to stay in the shifting signal path.

Last edited by StephanieS; 15-Nov-2013 at 11:39 PM.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote