View Single Post
Old 4-Apr-2015, 12:55 PM   #6
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

All capacitive hats do is to make the antenna elements behave as if they were electrically longer. It's a technique used to reduce the size of an antenna structure, not increase relative performance.

The TVFool analysis uses a topographical cell size about 1/3rd the size of a football field. Moving the marker may cause the simulator to use an adjacent cell with a different calculated signal path. All in all, remember it is only a simulation based on available data which may be used as a guide in analyzing reception, it is not a definitive predictor of reception as there are numerous sources of imprecision. In my experience, if a location is very close to the back side of a steep elevation grade, its close to useless as a signal predictor due to it over estimating signals. The simulator only calculates a straight line path.

In a valley such as this one, without a direct way for signals to get to a given location, much of any reception is due to the signal entering the valley at some point and basically "echoing" up or down the valley until it finally reaches the receiving location with whatever signal strength and quality it might have.

Your location is likely going to encounter a mix of those signals, so it's going to be pot luck as to how well it turns out.

Your best bet is to treat the UHF and VHF signals separately as you may find that those signals make themselves available at different spots on your rooftop.

I wouldn't carry high expectations into this experiment, but I'd counsel you to be happy with whatever does come in reliably.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote