View Single Post
Old 5-Jan-2012, 5:54 AM   #13
MisterMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Yea I guess I'll put away the idea of getting WMSN (TheCoolTV), I do know that on some days in the past I was able to receive a couple stations from grand rapids and south bend. If this holds true then I may be able to get WOTY which is also TheCoolTV. I know this terk i have out there now won't get it as its barely getting the green stations so I'm willing to try these recommendations, which would be the easiest to setup and put together and do they come with mounts?
Not gonna happen. You are 100 miles from WMSN's transmitter in Madison. This places you way outside WMSN's coverage area. As for the Grand Rapides/Battle Creek TheCoolTV affiliiate, you are 130 miles from WOTV's transmitter--there is no WOTY-TV anywhere in the USA. Because most of the distance between WOTV and you is covered by Lake Michigan, your biggest impediments to receiving the station are the great distance and the curvature of the Earth. However, these place you even farther outside WOTV's coverage area than you are outside WMSN's coverage area.

Tropospheric ducting and other atmospheric anomalies may on occasion allow you to receive one or the other of these two stations. However, there is simply no way that you will ever receive either of them on a regular or predictable basis.

Currently, TheCoolTV has only two affiliates in Illinois and one in Wisconsin. None are close enough for you to receive them. Perhaps, the network will sign an affiliate in Chicago, Milwaukee, Kenosha, or Waukegan. Until that happens, you will have to find your music elsewhere.
MisterMe is offline   Reply With Quote