View Single Post
Old 26-Jul-2014, 7:07 AM   #6
HDTV

Thank you so much for this response. It is clear to me that you put a lot of thought into it. I really appreciate it. I am a complete beginner to ATSC OTA TV so please forgive me if I ask you a question that you have already answered above.

To answer your question , I will only have 1 TV hooked up.

Just to make sure I understand, you suggest the DB8e be used with the PA18 and a rotor for the US channels and to be mounted as high as possible. I'm curious why the you don't recommend the 5020 with the 7777 preamp or any other preamp for that matter ?

Regarding the Canadian channels many of them are just duplicates located in other cities. Take TVO for example . There would be no point in trying to get 2 TVO channels. They run exactly the same programming . Just a case of two different towers broadcasting the same thing .

I think you are right on the money about the Canadian channels changing alot. In this economy there is definitely no point in wasting money .Would this change your Canadian antenna recommendations ? I only need to get Toronto channels. This is a link to an up to date map detailing the location of all HDTV station transmitters :

http://www.remotecentral.com/hdtv/bigmap.htm

It detailed the location of all HDTV station transmitters around me. I am located just above the E in Eramsoa.

I believe the tower is mounted to the ground. I will double check tomorrow.

Tower looks to be in excellent shape no rust,broken parts etc.

Not sure if the tower is grounded. I will have to look into that too.

You might be right. The coax could be the problem. Man you have a good eye !

The upper antenna is for the internet. Nothing to do with TV. If you still would like a photo I would be happy to post .

Thank you so much!
HDTV is offline   Reply With Quote