View Single Post
Old 13-Aug-2020, 12:43 PM   #16
JoeAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Please.

There are plenty of people on these sites that use sophisticated testing equipment. Calveras and Tripelo being among them. If I recall correctly 300ohm and Stampeder also did.
Rabbit77 and Hol_lands also have their own equipment for testing and modeling. That is not "real world" evaluation.

Largely ignore VHF Hi comparison? I have RF9 at 60 degrees and RF10 at 260 degrees 100 miles out that transmits at 40kW. So it is low power. There is also RF7 100 miles that transmits at 55kW's. Another low power transmitter. Hi VHF, 40Kw/55Kw are not "low power."

Obviously the model I am testing would be useless for RF5. Perhaps you missed where I stated quite clearly it is not a solution for VHF LO.
That being said. They do have a model with a VHF LO dipole. Which I am not currently in possession of. Then your statement that the Televes
works well in your area is false. WCYB is on Rf 5.

So now you are bringing in single cut antenna's as a complaint?
LOL. Now that is amusing. Not a complaint, an observation
Perhaps i'll rustle up a bunch of old SITCO, Wade or Blonder tongue single cuts to test.

And it is patently untrue that the preamp in the Televes cant be replaced.
Obviously you never looked inside one.

From what I understand. If one fails.
Televes sends the entire tail section as a replacement for free rather than making the customer disassemble the unit and replace the actual preamp.
I think you would agree that is pretty good customer care.

Unfair advantage? Really? Yes, Really!!!!!!!!!!!

So basically what you are saying in that statement is that due to the DAT's design and technology, in the current test, it is superior to the 8200U + AP-8700 within the bandwidth in which it operates.
The Televes does very well in a very limited set of parameters.
The Winegard, performs well over a much larger and much more
likely scenario that most consumers are likely to encounter.

In my years of installing antennas, I cannot recall one instance where
the engineering data proved accurate in real world reception.
PLEASE, Go ahead and make more colorful, impressive and largely
useless graphs and plots. I'll be laughing all the way to the bank!
JoeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote