View Single Post
Old 15-Jan-2014, 8:22 AM   #7
analogqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
I understand that sir. It's the same cable line as when it was on the ground. It just really confuses me the plot says to aim it a certain direction and I get better reception pointed differently. I hope you aren't this snarky to your other customers.

You're not a "customer" this is a forum. You're not buying any advice. it's all free here. I'm sorry you expected someone to butter your advice for you- I personally didn't see any snark myself in any of the answers. In fact, the answers you received were by someone who took time out to actually think about your question and respond with a suitable fix!

You said since you elevated your antx 22' AAG, your signal is worse. Well then, lower it so the signal hits the reflector as it travels and bends its way to your location. When I myself receive a signal from 2 edge, I actually need to face the reflector (I have the same antenna as you do) more toward the ground to "catch" that 2 edge. So, the only fix I can recommend is to go up to your antenna and do what everyone does: fiddle with it. In fact you may be better off having it just 10' AAG (that's Above Average Ground) level where you had it before, where you say you actually received the signals you wanted. There is no tricks to it.
analogqueen is offline   Reply With Quote