View Single Post
Old 1-Jun-2015, 3:05 AM   #13
dbseeker

About one year later, I have been struggling with real channel 7 (ABC channel 25 Virtual).
Signal strength is good on a new LG 24 inch with signal strength meter only. Channel strength drops to nothing for hours and then returns to good and watchable at random with no correlation on time or electrical intereference or fm intereference. All fm traps (most recent a Winegard FT 3000) have been tried and in multiple series with no effect.. NO amp is used and cable run at 50 feet.
Poor connections come to mind, however all coax replaced within one year with RG6 and best fittings. RF 9 always solid and not intermittent.
As an experiment today, mounted an RCA ant751 about 8 foot below the antennacraft Y10713 to a separate tv tuner and picture watchable with mild pixilation on rf 7 with no reception on the Antennacraft. Again rf 9 receivable on both antennas.
I realize that signal layering issues occur, but for an antenna that has a 9.4 db gain to go from good strength to absolutely nothing strength seemingly at will and maintain channel 9 reception without issue would not suggest a connection issue.
Please comment and offer your expertise. This gremlin is on my last nerve!!
dbseeker is offline   Reply With Quote