View Single Post
Old 8-Apr-2012, 9:49 PM   #16
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OberGeiss View Post
Yagi now set atop chimney west end and cable also enters west end (foundation).
If I set up the second antenna on the east end, I would drill a new opening for cable at the east end and that's closer to my current DA and balance splitter.

Plan now is to re-cable the Yagi with new RG-6 and connectors, using the specified pre amp.
If that does not improve WLIW, will add FM trap between ant and pre. If that does not work will try the band pass filter for 21. If that works, will add appropriate A/B switching and get all channel as addn array so I can grab that low VHF you pointed out together with everything else (but for 21 WLIW which would stay via the Yagi). Many thanks and I will def report back!!!!! Happy Easter.
David
Two antennas on a 10' mast would be a good option, but if you want to mount as you've described, that's fine too.

Your step by step approach is both logical and economical. If you opt for a CH-21 bandpass filter, the FM trap would be redundant though you could experiment with it left in the system. Regardless, either or both filters need to be ahead of the amplifier.

I agree with @Electron, a basic install in your situation calls for an all channel antenna. Your pursuit of WLIW and or WHYY make this more complex than some of your neighbors would consider... but I think you have a fair to good chance of getting one or both of the distant signals.

It sounds like you've decided to set the WHYY project aside for now.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote